Prom time is here, and knowing the perfect hairstyle to go with your perfect gown could be hard to figure out. It is important to maintain the health of your hair, but still have a stylish and elegant look. Here are 5 Prom Hairstyles for all Naturalistas! Bonus: if this isn’t prom season for you (or those years are long gone), these styles are perfect for formal events or a night on the town!
1. This is a style great for all who are looking for a heatless style, twist your hair and create a swept bang to pull off this great and simple updo.
2. This is cool way to turn your FroHawk into a Twisted Updo. This is also doubles as a great protective style.
3. If you love Janelle Monae’s Pompadour, this is a different way to achieve this look.
4. This Vintage updo is great for prom and other formal events, without having to use heat and should take under 10 minutes to achieve. Check out Priscilla’s Youtube video on how she created this look.
5. If any of the last couple of styles aren’t quite what you are looking for, try a leaving your hair out and creating heatless curls using rods or Curlformers. Bianca Alexa also has a great Youtube Video on how she achieved this look.
Which style will you be rocking out on the town?
Alecia is a natural hair enthusiast and new blogger. She is a new mom of one who has been natural for about 7 years. In addition to her passion for healthy hair, Alecia works full-time for The National Association of Education for Young Children (NAEYC). Keep up with her personal hair journey at summerandcurls.blogspot.com. Also, look for her on Instagram: @alecia_miamore and Twitter: @lavendarblonde_