We so support homemade hair treatments here at Thank God I’m Natural. I mean, we’re like all about them.
One of the best homemade hair treatments is the mayonnaise treatments. It’s a miracle worker. It’s cheap, it’s easy and quite frankly, it’s just epic! With all the stress we put our hair under, heat, excess combing or brushing, the trial and error we got through when using new products, damage is inevitable. But with this treatment, damaged hair will soon be a thing of the past.
1) Get some mayonnaise. It doesn’t matter the brand, it just needs to be gold-old fashion mayo.
2) Use warm water to prepare it for the treatment. You want to get your hair damp, not soaking wet.
3) Take some mayo out of the jar and begin rubbing it into your scalp. The amount of mayo you use it truly up to your discretion and depend on your hair texture, thickness and length. So lather in however much you feel.
4) Wrap your hair in either a plastic bag, or shower cap to trap the heat. The heat will help the treatment truly penetrate your hair and scalp.
5) Let the treatment sit on your hair for about 20 minutes or for however long you feel your hair needs it due to how damaged your hair may be.
6) Wash the treatment out. This will be best achieved if in the shower using a diluted shampoo.
7) Dry and style as desired.
I would suggest using this treatment as needed. If your hair isn’t damaged, then cool beans. If you’re beginning to see some things that you don’t like, than go ahead. Do you boo!