Right before I got braids for the summer I was on a flexi-rod kick. I constantly was trying different techniques to see which gave me the best results. I did flexi-rod’s on wet hair, dry hair and hair that I had just taken my braids down from. All in the name of research. I constantly styled and re-styled my curls all styles were heat free by the way. In trying out different techniques, I found which products worked the best for me and which style produced the fullest, more bouncy curls.
Here is what I did to get the absolute best results.
- Start with dry, stretched and detangled hair
- First use our Miracle RepaiRx Protective Leave in Conditioner, followed by our Sweet Honey Hair Milk
- Next apply our Honey Curls Custard and then our Honey Whip Hydrating Mousse , two strand twist your whole head in medium size twists
- Use a wide variety of sizes of flexi-rods
- Use the smallest sizes in the front or bang area if you have them, use the larger sizes in the back.
- Wrap each individual twist with its own flexi-rod
- Once your hair is completely wrapped allow it to dry for a few hours before taking it down
- Once dry, gently remove flexi rods with any of our hair and body serums.
- Gently pick your hair out at the roots and fluff your curls until it is at your desired fullness. Keep in mind the hair will stretch and get fuller with time.
Here are the results I got with this method. Big, bouncy, moisturized curls! I used a pick to get my curls exactly how I wanted them and was very gentle during the take down process as to not cause any excess frizz, though I don’t mind a little frizz, to me it makes the style look a little more natural. As the days went on the look got a little more full and I got tons of compliments.
Will you be trying this style?