Everyone loves stuffing on Thanksgiving. If you normally use regular white breads, be a little different this year and use corn bread instead. You’ll probably never use any other kind of bread again! This corn bread dressing recipe is super basic and easily adjustable — spice it up by adding chopped mushrooms and water chestnuts to the mix!
Corn Bread Dressing
Recipe by allrecipes.com
You will need:
1 (16 ounce) package dry corn bread mix
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 small onion
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups chicken stock
2 tablespoons dried sage
salt and pepper to taste
- Prepepare the dry corn bread mix according to package directions. Cool and crumble.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the celery and onion until soft.
- In a large bowl, combine the celery, onions, 3 cups crumbled corn bread, eggs, chicken stock, sage and salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
- Place into prepared dish and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.